Renting the AG Center
The AG Center can be rented for private events when there are openings on the calendar. Activities promoting or supporting agriculture or education in Walton County will have precedence for use of the facility.
The Online Rental Request must be completed and submitted to the Walton County Extension office. Each request is processed on a first come first served basis. Only after the request has been approved, and fees are paid, does the event become confirmed. If you are unable to use the online registration call the Extension Office to reserve the space.
Rental Terms & Conditions
Review the terms and conditions of renting the AG Center to ensure a successful event:
Activities promoting or supporting agriculture or education in Walton County will have precedence for use of the facility.
- Alcohol: Use of alcoholic beverages in any form is prohibited anywhere in or on the grounds of the facility. The using organization is responsible for enforcement of this policy.
- All meetings, gatherings or events at the facility to which the public is invited or solicited must be on a nondiscriminatory basis. All facilities must be available to all persons without regard to sex, race, color or national origin. Duplicate but equal events which maintain segregation on these bases will not be permitted.
- Decorations: You may use “painters paper tape” to safely adhere posters, and decorations to these areas. No tacks, pins, or putty are allowed on any:
- Light fixtures
- Painted surface
- Food Service: Rental includes the use of the kitchen but food service is not provided by Walton County Extension.
- Grills are not allowed inside the building or under the covered arena.
- Individuals serving as responsible representative for using organizations must be at least 21 years old.
- Public events require proof of liability insurance. ($1,000,000 minimum)
- Smoking: Smoking will not be allowed inside the building or anywhere underneath the covered arena or wash rack area. The using organization is responsible for enforcement of this policy.
In addition to the rental fee there is a $100 refundable security deposit due when the key is picked up and signed for. The security deposit will be returned after the facility has been inspected and key has been returned. The facility will be inspected by the Walton County Facilities Management Department. Structural damage done to the facility while it is assigned to any organization must be reported promptly to the Walton County Facilities Department. The using organization assumes responsibility for damage other than normal wear and tear during the use of the facility.
A full refund will be given if cancellation notice has been given 24 hours prior to the event.
Facility Housekeeping Checklist
Clean up must take place immediately after each event. Cleaning time is to be included in the reserved
- Floors must be swept. Any areas where food or drinks were spilled and any areas with visible
soiling remains after sweeping must be mopped and left free of food and other debris by the
- Kitchen counter tops must be cleaned thoroughly; all sinks must be free of food and debris.
The refrigerator must be cleared of leftovers, spills, or other stored items. Do not discard food
or any such solid items into kitchen sink drains.
- Refrigerator doors are to be properly closed.
- Trash must be bagged and placed in outside dumpster. Plastic liners are to be used in all inside
trashcans. Trashcans must be left clean of debris and odors.
- Any electrical surface units and ovens are to be turned off.
- Tables and chairs are to be returned to designated locations.
- Lights are to be turned off.
- All doors must be locked. Double check that doors are locked after exiting the building.
- Thermostat settings:
- Cooler months set heat to 60 degrees upon departure
- Warmer months set air conditioning to 80 degrees upon departure.